The City of Elephant Butte
City of Elephant Butte Information
What a great location! What a great place! Beautifully situated between Elephant Butte Lake State Park & the mountains, the City of Elephant Butte represents the essence of small town New Mexico – we truly have the heart of hospitality – our hospitality isn’t just for events it’s our lifestyle! Offering the best of New Mexico recreation, events, restaurants, & lodging; Elephant Butte is truly a magnificent place to live or visit!
Visitors to the City can enjoy beautifully landscaped walking/bike paths, great views, city parks and services well beyond what you’d find in many other small towns. The City’s municipal offices are located at 103 Water Ave; Phone: 575 744-4892. The Post Office can be found at 109 Odessa Street; Phone: 575 744-5237.
Need more info?
Cultural and Recreation Opportunities: The City of Elephant Butte has a population of approximately 1,400 friendly people. Elephant Butte Lake State Park located adjacent to the city and Caballo Lake State Park located 20 miles south of town provide residents and visitors with exceptional recreational opportunities including fishing, water sports, golfing, natural hot springs, hunting, fishing, and sight seeing. The Gila National Forest is on the western horizon – come explore its wild beauty and historic communities.
Medical: Local medical and fire emergencies can be handled by Sierra Vista Hospital and the fire department. Call 911
The following are located in Truth or Consequences:
- Ambercare Home Health / Hospice 910 N. Date Street 894-1828
- Ben Archer Health Center 1960 N. Date Street 894-7662
- Children’s Medical Service – 894-2716; Maternal Child Health – 894-0543; and Public Health Services – 894-2716; Women, Infants & Children / WIC and Public Health Office 894-6651 all located at 201 E. Fourth Street
- New Mexico Veteran’s Center 992 S. Broadway 894-9081
- Sierra Health Care Center (elder care) 1400 N. Silver 894-7855
- Sierra Health Council 894-5961
- Sierra Hills Assisted Living 1300 N. Silver 743-1100
- Sierra Vista Hospital 800 E. Ninth Street 894-2111
Schools: K-12 schools are located in the adjacent town of Truth or Consequences; elementary school, middle school, and a high school. Western New Mexico University has an extension located within 15 minute drive of Elephant Butte.
Employment: Sierra County has a variety of job opportunities.
Housing: There are excellent housing prices and a wide variety of home styles available from fishing cabins to luxury golf course or lake view homes.
Transportation: The T-or-C Airport operates 7am-5pm, seven days a week, phone: 575-894-6199 after hours by arrangement:575-894-7111 email: email@example.com. Located at Highway 181 North T or C, NM 87901
Public transportation within Sierra County is limited. There are senior and veteran services that offer transportation.